- The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our visa system.
- This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category. We are unable to expedite visas even for emergency cases.
- We are working urgently to correct the problems and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.
- We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a visa at this time.
- Please wait until you receive an email from DHL with your waybill number to pick up your passport and visa.
- For further information please visit the following link.
Welcome to the nonimmigrant visa section of the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires. This section provides nonimmigrant visa services to Argentines and citizens of other countries who reside in Argentina and intend to enter the United States temporarily.
Bear in mind that you need to be in possession of a valid passport to submit your visa application. Argentine passports: If you hold a new argentine passport with chip, you still need to request a visa to travel to the United States. In case you hold a passport that was issued or revalidated outside Argentina, click here for further information.
We process nonimmigrant visas for different purposes such as students, temporary workers, journalists, religious workers, etc. You will need to apply for a visa in the appropriate category.
In order to apply for a nonimmigrant visa in Buenos Aires, you will need to request a visa appointment with our Call Center. For detailed information, please use the links on the left margin of this page.
Please Plan Ahead
Always be sure to plan ahead for your trip to the U.S. Visit the Visa Wait Times link for current visa appointment wait-times.
The interview wait time indicated on the website is subject to frequent changes and can vary significantly depending on the demand for our services. We strongly encourage all applicants to apply for their visas well ahead of their planned travel.
Reciprocity by Country: Additionally to the visa fee, some applicants are also required to pay a reciprocity fee. Only after the visa is issued, applicants should go to pay the reciprocity fee at the consular cashier window.
Fraud Prevention Unit
Don't Be A Victim!
Click HERE for more information